The Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Leadership Pre-College Course
Ideation focuses on rapidly finding and vetting great ideas. You’ll learn important concepts such as looking at ways your organization can be a disruptive player and ways to challenge existing orthodoxies. This part will also provide you with insights into the ways innovative companies have successfully unleashed inspiration in their own organizations and how they have dealt with risk.
Incubation equips you with the tools for nurturing your corporate entrepreneurship, creating a learning plan, and initiating the prototyping phase. You will learn how Design Thinking can help you solve complex problem, receive best practices for A/B testing, and create an action plan for in-market experiences with your prototype. You’ll walk away with valuable insights into failing intelligently and prepared for a successful venture launch back at the office.
Acceleration will provide you with a powerful tool kit for innovation proficiency. You’ll start the program by identifying your entry strategy. Next, you’ll learn how to make critical decisions on pricing, promotional budget, and relationships with ecosystem partners. Finally, you’ll tackle the resource question, evaluate your launch team, and develop a strong set of external assets.
Our Venture for Creation™ program provides participants with an intensive, “hands-on” course focusing on the creation, evaluation, development, and launch readiness of a new business or social venture. Key issues are addressed in a fashion highly consistent with other formal venture planning processes including: business model development, customer discovery, product-market validation, in-depth industry and market analysis, product or service innovation, brand development and go-to-market strategies, team selection & management, profit models, financing, and legal considerations.
At the highest level, you will come away with clear answers to the following questions:
- What are the issues, tensions, and relationships faced by entrepreneurs as they build a new venture?
- What are common enablers and barriers to venture creation?
- How to develop a business model to test your assumptions about product offerings and market demand?
- How do you assess the current market and position your product offerings for competitive advantage?
- What is the most agile way to develop new product and services that will gain market traction quickly?
- What are current approaches for cost effective customer acquisition and retention?
- How to build credible financials based on reasonable, benchmarked assumptions?
- What metrics are critical to measure and monitor new venture success?
- How to build the right team and culture for successful launch and early stage growth?
- Business Opportunity
- Introduction to New Venture Creation Process
- Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
- Opportunity Identification & Evaluation Business Model Development
- Customer Discovery Process
- Strategy and Viability
- Market Attractiveness
- Industry & Market Analysis
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Advantage
- Innovation, Branding and Digital Marketing
- Product Development/Minimal Viable Product
- Marketing & Sales Strategy Branding
- Pricing Strategies and Tactics
- Leadership and Finance
- Leadership & Team Management
- Key Resources & Partnerships
- Social Responsibility & Ethics Profit Models
- Execution and Presentation to Investors
- Financial Analysis & Cash Management